Skin Whitening Tips (Easy, fun and affordable)
Ever since I remembered everyone one around me is so fascinated of the idea having a fairer skin. To me fair is not really my main goal now days. My current goal is to get flawless healthy skin. Well, if it comes with fairer then it is an extra plus point.
After I gave birth, I noticed that my skin become darker. Like seriously, so last time I went googling to check out what really happening to me. The thing is at that moment, I learn that… Yes, it's common for pregnant women to develop blotchy areas of darkened skin, commonly called the mask of pregnancy (but officially known as chloasma or melasma gravidarum).
Women with darker complexions (like me) are more prone to this condition than women with lighter skin. You're also more likely to develop chloasma if it runs in your family. The effects of chloasma may become more pronounced with each pregnancy.
These changes may be triggered by hormonal changes during pregnancy, which stimulate a temporary increase in your body's production of melanin, the natural substance that gives color to hair, skin, and eyes. Sun exposure plays a role, too. So does skin darkening only affect pregnant ladies? We all havethe answer to that. There are many factors that contribute to changes in skin colour.
Which is why today I would like to share with you my current skin whitening routines hopefully that it will inspire. The skin whitening tips below are totally easy, fun and affordable.
Body SCRUBS - Once a week.
Tips and info :
1) Place “SCRUBbie Galore” or anything you like to call your scrubs session into your calender. That is how I remembered which day that I get to enjoy my scrub session at home.
2) You may switch to use any of your favourite fruits but I picked orange because it have those “feel good fresh” smells that help to lift up my mood. Plus the fresh vitamin C goodness that comes with it.
3) You may also use brown sugar if you have them at home.
4) I like to use salt mixture for foot and sugar mixture for body.
Body Mask – Once every two weeks
Tips and info :
1) Like the above, you may want to input into your calendar as it is easier to miss out the session as you won’t be doing it as frequent and might end up forgetting your much needed pampering session.
2) I used apple cider vinegar mix with flour for my skin whitening mask regime. There are many recopies for body mask out there to suit our diversify skin types. But, if you ask me “What is the best way to detox your skin when you feel like it just looks dull and lacks vitality?” My answer will definitely be apple cider and flour mask.
3) It's really easy to apply. It feels so good, because it's nice. And I would leave this on the skin for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with tepid water, and you're going to be absolutely amazed at how clear, clean and glowing your skin really looks. If you've ever seen one of those commercials where someone will do a before and after on themselves, this is the mask where you should take a before picture and compare it to the way your skin looks after. You're going to be shocked at how great you look.
4) Apple cider vinegar's natural alpha-hydroxy acids and acetic acid will stimulate circulation, as well as minimize pores. Since the pH level of apple cider vinegar is similar to the pH level of the protective acid mantle layer of our skin, this soak will help restore balance.
5) Accidently got it into your hair? No sweat! The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar will remove residue from product build-up and help you get shiny, lustrous locks. How’s that for 2 at one go?
Body Serum Extra Whitening Skin Therapy Serum – Every day (I non-intentionally skipped few days in a week but I am challenging to apply it almost everyday)
Tips and info :
1) This is just awesome. Not only it act like a lotion but it is actually a whitening serum. We all know the amount of goodness jam packed into each tube of serum.
2) This product actually claimed to give 10 times skin whitening effect without thinning out the skin. AMAZING. Because I am not really a fan of bleaching.
3) If you noticed this serum comes with 95% of Vitamin C purity and have broad spectrum of SPF 33 PA+++ which means it helps to not only whiten your skin, it also protects it.
4) The product promised to deliver result within 14 days but as for my personal experience.. I can see the changes within just 10 days. I believe it is because I combined it with the earlier scrubs & mask regimes.
5) Tend to realise that it does not gave me those “sticky feeling” after application because it absorb very quickly into the my skin. . It does not require re-application throughout the day and does not leave stickiness on the skin. Awesome!
6) Worry if it is suitable for your skin? Worry not. Extra Whitening Skin Therapy Serum by Nivea is most suited for any skin types, NIVEA New Extra Whitening Skin Therapy Serum SPF 33 PA+++ is skin compatible and dermatologically approved
7) I also love the price! So pocket-friendly. Like seriously.. RM 19.90 for a good 180ml. You may purchase it at any major store or check out their facebook here for more details or promo.
So that’s it for my tips skin whitening regime and tips. Hope that you found it useful and hopefully that it helps to inspire. Thanks for dropping by and for reading this up. If you have more skin whitening tips or regimes.. do share in the comment below, would love to read it.
P/s: How are you feeling today? Hope everyone is currently in the pink of health. My daughter is currently not well T.T she is having diarrhoea due to antibiotic reaction. Doc said its okay and its normal. She is currently recovering and hopefully able to be smiling and jumping again soon!
** I am not paid to write this. The product is courtesy of Nivea Malaysia for review purposes. I spend personal time and put in personal effort to write this. The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of of the company that I worked for. As usual, I will test and review products or services regardless of whether they have been sent to me or not with honesty. Unless stated so in the post or marked with an asterisk, all products featured on this blog have been bought with my own hard-earned pennies. I started this blog to give my two pennies worth of thought and have fun along the way and that is exactly how this blog shall remain.