Navel Orange Bake Chicken and Special Orange Pulp Gravy | RECIPE |
Assalamualaikum and Olla everyone!
How are you? Hope you are feeling great. If you are running out of idea on what to cook, you have some to the right side of the internet as I am sharing a recipe with you today. I have no idea on what to call this recipe, let’s name it as Navel Orange Bake Chicken. I will also share the recipe on how to make an orange pulp gravy to go with the chicken. Nyum!!
Before I start, I would like to thank fruit importer, Fu Yun Fruits Trading Sdn Bhd who has generously sponsored the Australian navel oranges. It is actually part of produce under Now in Seasons MY. What makes them special is that these oranges claimed to be one of the best tasting oranges in the world. I have to agree that they do taste great. Not as sourish as the oranges that I am used to. Anyway, you can get them from your nearest Jaya Grocer, Village Grocer, Aeon and Isetan KL outlets.
Navel Orange Bake Chicken Recipe
Ingridients for Navel Orange Bake Chicken :-
2 unit of Navel Orange (sliced as per pic above)
Diced oranges for filling
10 tomato cherries
Half unit of yellow onion (sliced as per pic above)
5 chinese dates
5 dried longan
2 teaspoon of honey
3 spoon of olive oil
A pinch of salt
1) Clean all ingridients.
2) Mix honey, oilve oil and a pinch of salt in a container and set aside.
3) Put in the filling in the chicken, dried longan, chinese date and some diced oranges.
4) Place the sliced onion and oranges as the base as per pic. I used a pressure cooker to bake but you may use any baking device you have.
5) Place the chicken before spreading the mixture of honey, olive oil and the salt to the chicken.
6) Bake for 30 minutes. But if you used the conventional oven to bake, best to set to atleast 180 celcious for 60 minutes.
Special Orange Pulp Gravy Recipe
Special Orange Pulp Gravy Recipe ingridients :-
2 spoon of vegetable cooking oil
1 spoon of thick teriyaki sauce
1 cup of orange juice
1 orange diced
Corn starch to thicken the gravy.
1) Light up the fire and use a cooking pan,
2) Add in the vegetable oil and teriyaki sauce.
3) Add in the diced orange and the orange juice.
5) Shimmer it for around 2 minutes and then add in the corn starch that have been mix with water.
6) You just need a small amount of corn starch to thicken the gravy. One table spoon is more than enough. Add in around 3 table spoon of water and mix the corn starch before adding into the mixture.
7) Once thicken you can start gently pressing the diced orange. The pulp will come out effortlessly.
You can serve your chicken with a side of salad and a slice of Navel Orange to compliment the dish. For the salad dressing, you can add a little bit of olive oil, add in some honey, squeeze some orange juice, season it with salt and pepper. There you have it a low calories dressing to keep your waist small haha.. I hope you enjoy this recipe and do let me know if you try them out k? My daughter love them and I had lotsof fun creating them. Always a pleasure to put a good healthy food on the table for my family to indulge in.
Just some tips before I end this post, The navel orange, so named because the blossom end often resembles a navel. The skin of a ripe navel orange ranges in color from deep orange to yellow-green. Choose fruit that's heavy for its size and free of soft spots. So go ahead and have an extra scoop of Vitamin C today!