The 8 Colours of Malaysians this Raya Season!
The Raya celebrations is a perfect opportunity for those celebrating to give their home a new look. Just like your taste in music, clothes, food and everything in between, there isn’t just one way to do this as everyone has different preferences.
Have you ever wondered then, what your Raya designs say about you? Well, look no further as we’ve got the answer to your question! In this article, we’re exploring 8 different personalities and the best Raya colour palette to cate to these unique personalities! All you have to do is look out for the personality trait that speaks directly to you.
Q&A with Interior Designer Ben Firdaus!
Need more advice on home design and decorations for this Raya season? Lucky for you, we’ve got Interior Designer Ben Firdaus to answer some of your most burning questions!
1What are some simple hacks I can use to fill my minimalist-looking space?
· One of the easiest ways to give your space a different look and feel is to switch up the colour of space.
· If budget is a concern, then you can consider repainting just one feature wall, which is enough to create an impactful change to the space.
· Another way to enhance your space is to reuse and rearrange existing furniture and decorations – it’s fairly easy to do and this can immediately create a difference. Best if a unique piece of deco is used as a focal point!
2How can I mix and match patterns or colours together in a tasteful manner?
· First, you need to sketch out a rough idea of a design you have in mind, which you can easily reference from the Internet or magazines, where you can also learn how to match colours and patterns!
· If you’re still unsure of how to go about, the safest way is to first go with a combination of earthy colours.
· However, if you prefer bright colours like orange, yellow and red, try mixing these colours with shades from the same family such as amber, tangerine maroon, burgundy.
· Alternatively, you can also match these bright colours with basic shades such as grey, black or white.
3How does textured paint work and how can I use it to transform my walls at home?
· Textured paint actually has a special 3D effect that gives your wall an entirely new look compared to when you use normal paint for your walls. By using textured paint such as Nippon Paint Momento® range of paint, you can easily use this technique to redesign the spaces at home – just in time for the Raya celebrations!
· To push your creative boundaries, you can also infuse your own designs on the walls using stencils, in addition to the application of the textured paint!
4. What are of household items that can easily turn into the perfect Raya props?
· When it comes to being creative in decorating the spaces at home, the possibilities are simply limitless! Here’s how you can be more creative by using existing items you have at home:
o Old fruit baskets are great to use as a place to keep cookies bottle for your guests.
o Chopping boards can also be reused as a serving tray.
o Pandan leaves, dried lemongrass and cauliflowers can also be used to decorate spaces at home! To do this, simply place them in a pot of water to maintain their freshness. These items also play double duty as a natural air freshener!
Make sure to follow Nippon Paint’s Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/nipponpaintmalaysia for an exciting surprise this Raya season! Keep a lookout for #RuangInspirasi!
To get more inspirations for your Raya designs this year, check out the Colour Palette: Edisi Raya 2020 here: https://www.nipponpaint.com.my/ruangraya
#NipponPaintMY #PaintAllSurfaces #RuangInspirasi #RuangRaya #RuangBaru