Mary Kay Botanical Effects Skin Care Review
Assalamualaikum and Olla everyone!
I am so excited to share with you the latest skincare that I am currently using. It is the Botanical Effect Range by Mary Kay. If you noticed this is not the first time I wrote about Mary Kay product. The reason being is that, their products are very good quality, deliver as promised and also worthy of your penny spent. No wonder, more and more ladies are trying out Mary Kay and fall in love with the brand. Me included! haha
If you would like to try out the whole set it consist of 5 products for the cost of RM375. The cost of each product listed as per below :
· Botanical Effects Gel Cleanser RM 75 - 127g
· Botanical Effects Exfoliating Scrub RM 75 - 88ml
· Botanical Effects Toner RM 75 - 147ml
· Botanical Effects Moisturizer RM 85 - 85g
· Botanical Effects Moisturizer SPF 30 RM 65 -50ml
What makes the range special is because of the two main ingridients. The first one is dragon fruits while the second main ingridient is the Aloe. To be honest, this is my first time using skincare that actually contain dragon fruit extract. Both active ingridient are specially blended together to give an amazing result. Let’s get to know how :-
Dragon fruit: The Ultimate Super Fruit
· Also called pitaya, dragon fruit contains fatty acids and several B-complex vitamins, including the often-called “anti-stress vitamin” B1 (thiamin), plus B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
· Dragon fruit also is full of minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous.
· The dragon fruit extract included in Botanical Effects® Skin Care is rich in antioxidants to help fight skin-damaging free radicals.
Aloe: Dependable + Legendary
· One of the most nutritious plants in the world, aloe gel contains more than 75 nutrients, including 20 minerals and 12 vitamins.
· Aloe vera is shown to help maintain the skin’s moisture barrier and has high vitamin E content, a popular antioxidant in skin care.
· Aloe also is shown to promote healthy skin and cell turnover.
· The aloe extract in Botanical Effects® Skin Care gives your skin an added boost of antioxidants.
Botanical Effects Gel Cleanser RM 75 – 127g
Lets start with Botanical Effects Gel Cleanser, I like the formulation of the gel cleanser as it is easy to rinse off. The foam is also not so much and not so little. Just the right amount. The smell is very pleasant and sweet. I found that it is very effective in cleaning my face. Just a small amount does the job very well.
Botanical Effects Exfoliating Scrub RM 75 - 88ml
Next, we have the Botanical Effects Exfoliating Scrub. It is advised to use it 2 or 3 times a week right after you cleanse your face with the gel cleanser. To make it easier for me to remember when to use, I set to use it on every monday, wednesday and friday. This way is less likely for me to forget and easier to keep track. I like the small granule that is inside the scrub. Found it gentle on my skin face. I like to spend around 2 minutes to scrub my face in circular motion during the scrub session. Normally the same day of my scrub routine is the same time I wear hair mask. Being 8 months pregnant and also having a todler at home, I tried to find all the way I could to save time haha
Botanical Effects Toner RM 75 – 147ml
As for the Botanical Effect toner, like the rest of the series it smells amazing. I use around 3 drop on face cotton before dapping it on my face. This toner help to wipe away any dirt on your skin and also preparing your skin before the next skincare step. Here is a trick I learned, if you want to keep your skin fresh all day long. Drop a little bit of toner into a facemist bottle and put in water. Ensure the formulation is 1:10 You can spray it whenever you like. Your skin will smell nice, hydrated and fresh.
Botanical Effects Moisturizer RM 85 – 85g
Moving forward, is the moisturizer. The moisturizer is a gel type. I must mention that it absorb very efficiently. Not oily at all, like the texture is very light and watery. I like how it makes my skin felt so supple right after the application.
Botanical Effects Moisturizer SPF 30 RM 65 –50ml
The final step is the Suncreen with SPF 30. Out of all the products the suncreen is my ultimate favourite. It does not have the typical sunscreen smell. In fact, it smell very sweet and fruity. Like the gel moisturizer the texture of the suncreen is also very light weight. The different of texture from my point of view is that the sunscreen is cream base while the gel moisturizer is gel. I noticed that it is easier for me to apply make up whenever I used this suncreen, I have no idea how the magic works but for me, it makes it last longer as well. As if, it works like a base primer. I have a feeling it could be the Sun protection plus a full 12 hours of moisturization in one step formulation.
Here is the table of application method incase if would make it easier :
Moisturizer SPF 30
* Exfoliating Scrub = 2-3 times a week
That’s about it. We are at the end of this post. I hope you find this review informative. Do contact your Independent Beauty Consultant 03-7711 7500 to purchase. For more information log on to www.marykay.com.my
See you next time! Dont forget to take it easy and smile!